GENSAC Kick-off Webinar – Guns, Peace, and Pandemic
14. May 2020, virtual - New York 10:00 | Mexico City 9:00 | Dakar/West Africa 14:00 | Bangui/Central Africa 15:00 | Berlin/Belgrade 16:00 | Addis Ababa 17:00
We hope you can join us for the first in a series of GENSAC online conversations to begin reflecting on the impact of COVID-19 on arms ownership and violence (with a specific focus on violence against women and children), and ways we can support your work in the future.
The agenda includes:
- Discussion of the shifting violence trends in light of COVID-19 in different regions.
- Sharing of the latest updates on the preparations for the BMS7, and new ways to engage in policy influencing on small arms by Emma Bjerten, International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA)
- Introduction to the gensac.network online platform.
- Updates in support of GENSAC from the German Federal Foreign Office.
The initial webinar will be conducted in English, will last one hour, and is organized in partnership with International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) . Please note that subsequent engagements will feature discussions in Spanish and French.
To secure receive a link to the conference please RSVP here. The video link and dial in line will be distributed 24 hours ahead of the event.